2022 is around the corner, and we need to set our business goals for the next 12 months. Having clear, well-defined goals can help you take control of your business’s direction and increase the chances of achieving your larger business targets.
If you never set goals in the past, you may be wondering how you will reach them.
By using SMART business goals! Because setting goals is one of the most important things you can do if you want to achieve things both in your personal and business life. Goals give you direction, a way to track progress, keep you accountable, and help you work out what you want.
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
- Specific: Your goal must be clear and well-defined. Target a specific area for improvement: What will be accomplished? What actions will you take?
- Measurable: Goals need to be measurable to have a real chance of succeeding. Quantify or suggest an indicator of progress for measurable goals. What data will measure the goal? (How much? How well?
- Achievable: Make sure the goals you set are achievable for you. Specify who will do it and how. Is the goal doable? Do you have the necessary skills and resources?
- Realistic: Don’t pick goals that take you in the wrong direction. State what results can realistically be achieved. How does the goal align with broader goals? Why is the result significant?
- Time-related: Specify the target date when the result(s) can be achieved. Pick a date! “Someday” is the same as never. What is the time frame for accomplishing the goal?
Let’s look at a SMART Goal Example for Business: “I Want To Increase My Revenues.” I will increase revenue by 10% by developing a new program (specific) and increase sales over the next three months by signing in 10 more clients (measurable).
To increase my revenues, I will promote the business through referrals and social networks. This will help me find more leads and therefore see an increase in revenue (achievable), and hiring a VA will give me the time to develop and record my new course in one month and start generating a new revenue stream (realistic). I envision increasing my revenue by the end of the coming three months (time-related).
To help you get started, start by answering the popular ‘w’ questions:
- Who – Consider who will be part of your team to reach your goals.
- What – Determine exactly what you are trying to accomplish, and don’t be afraid to get very detailed.
- When – You’ll get more specific about this question under the “time-related” section, but you should at least set a time frame.
- Where – This question may not always apply, but identify it here if there’s a location.
- Why – What is the reason for the goal? What’s YOUR WHY?
Let’s set your business goals for 2022… Your business SMART goals can be just about anything. You will only have to be sure that you have the discipline and resources needed to achieve them. To help you get started, here are my SMART business goals for 2022:
Goal 1. Put my online program on evergreen and increase my revenues by 10%.
Goal 2: Growing my email list to reach 5,000 subscribers.
Goal 3: Create two more masterclasses.
What about you? Have you set your business goals for 2022? If you did, please share!